The "First" Blanchard House
201 East Main Street

     This house was built in the 1840's by John C. and Augusta Brewster Blanchard. They and their children occupied the simple Upstate New York Vernacular style house from approximately 1850 until they decided to build the mansion located at 253 East Main Street in 1879. The house is presently owned by the Ionia Intermediate School District and is used as a counseling office called the Independent Living Center.


Last update December 29, 2007