Ionia County, Michigan
Posted Queries for August thru September 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ARNOLD posted by Susan Hartt on
Saturday, August 2, 1997
- Hi! Great website! John Arnold, one of Montcalm County's Civil War veterns was living in
Edmore in the 1880's and was buried there. But I think that he enlisted in Ionia Couny. (I
mean what remained Ionia after Montcalm was created.) If you have any information about
his resience in either place, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,Susan Hartt - San Jose, Ca
- LEACH, PAXSON, SNELL posted by Elaine Bennett-Sharp
on Friday, August 8, 1997
- I am searching for information about the families of my great- grandmother, Ina LEACH,
and her mother, Julia SNELL LEACH. I believe that they resided in Ionia Co., MI, possibly
near Belding, circa 1860-1870. Ina m. Hartwell PAXSON and later lived in Watervliet, MI.
She had a twin sister, Ida. I do not know the name of their father, Julia's husband. If
you have information about these individuals which you are willing to share, I would
appreciate hearing from you.
- BUCKLEY, CASWELL, SIMMONDS posted by Betty Potter on
Tuesday, August 12, 1997
- I am tring to find out what happened to the children of Lorenzo & Ann Caswell
BUCKLEY. Their names were George H. BUCKLEY & Clarissa L. BUCKLEY. Lorenzo BUCKLEY m.
Ann CASWELL atOtisco, 17 July 1852. Lorenzo died 18 March 1863 in a field hospital at
Keokuk Iowa during the Civil War of smallpox, he is buried in a military cem. there.I have
his childrens pension records. The 22 Nov 1868 the children were under the guardianship of
Joel SIMMONDS in the Co. of Kent MI. The mother Ann BUCKLEY was proven unfit to care for
the two minors. George H. BUCKLEY was b. 25 Sept 1856 & Clarissa L. Buckley was b. 24
March 1860, both in Ionia Co. MI. If anyone is or has done any research on this family
could you contact me. The children might have been adopted by SIMMONDS or another family.
Thank you in advance. P.S. The two wittness on Lorenzo BUCKLEY and Ann CASWELL'S marriage
licence were Mary Jane CASWELL and Asa CASWELL. Mary Jane CASWELL was the sister of
Lorenzo, she was Mary Jane BUCKLEY. Ann might have been Lorenzo's first cousin.
- GAMAGE, GRAHAM posted by Carol Herrmann on Friday, August 22, 1997
- Searching for information on SMITH GAMAGE, resided Portland, Ionia County, 1880-1890s.
Died in Portland. Wife LYDIA. Daughter and son-in- law also lived in Portland (CHARLES
GRAHAM) Several other children believed to live in the area, also.
- PIGEON posted by Barb Badalament
on Saturday, August 23, 1997
- I am looking for any information on ALEXANDER PIGEON. He owned 160 acres in Ionia in
1852. He is my g g grandfather. His wife's name was Alice. Thank you for any help you can
- FORNER, KELLER posted by Virginia Hoffman on Tuesday, August 26, 1997
- KELLER, Jonathan N. b. abt 1828 in PA, moved from PA to MI abt 1866. 1870 lived in
Prairieville Twp next to Reuben & Polly KELLER. 1880 & 1884 lived in Orangeville
Twp. Wife Helen/Ellen b. abt 1843. Sons George B. KELLER(born NY, 1863 - 1936) and James
KELLER. Daughter Mary M. KELLER. George marries Barbara Ann ___, lives in Orangeville Twp,
have children Samuel, Georgia, Geffery, Goldie, Dennis based on 1884, 1894, 1900 census.
Goldie might be Goldie FORNER in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co. Jonathan possibly moves after
1884 to Kalamazoo, Midland, Iona or other Co. Family knowledge of Midland & may mean
;Midland Park& Barry Co. Wish info on Mary M. KELLER, b abt 1874 - who she married,
etc., or additional info on descendents. Especially desire date of death, where died, of
my GG Grandfather Jonathan KELLER. His death is not recorded in Barry Co. Clerks office.
Maybe in other county? Various PA family have vague rememberances of Hastings, and
- BALL, HALLADAY posted by Betty Bobo on Saturday, August 30, 1997
- I am researching the family of a William Henry and Patience Halladay Ball. They had a
son Jessie James Ball who lived in Ionia and was a warden at at prison there. The parents
lived in Osceola Co but I cannot find a death record on them and they both died Jan 8,
1929 in Michigan but not Osceola Co. So I think maybe they were living with Jessie since
they were well up in age. Hope someone out there can help.
- CONNER, LEMON, SCOTT posted by Kelly M De Long-Jencks
on Thursday, September 4, 1997
- I am searching for my grandmother's family. They were resident's of Easton Township. Her
father's name was Ferry CONNER. He married Flora M SCOTT. His parents were William CONNER
and Temperence LEMON. His father was a native of Orange CO, NY. Basically I am extremely
interested in finding more information about his father and his wife's family. Her
father's name was John W. SCOTT. Family legend says that he was the grandson of General
Winfield Scott. But so far I can't verify that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- COURSER posted by Deanna McCormack
on Thursday, September 4, 1997
- I am researching the family of Ira Courser born 1831 and Ann Williams Courser born
1833.Their children Albert Truman Courser born 6 Oct 1863 Orange Ionia Mi. Died 24 dec
1874 Montcalm Mi.,Herbert Unknown information, Owen Adelbert born 18 June 1867 Ionia Mi.
Died 9 March 1960 Spokane Washington,Ada Viola and Thomas Courser. I am most interested in
newspaper information, birth announcements, obituaries. This is all the information I have
to go on. Thank you in advance I appreciate that you volunteer your time, if you ever need
any help in northern California feel free to ask me.
- LUDLOW, STODDARD posted by
Nathan Carpenter on Saturday, September 6, 1997
- Maxfield LUDLOW m. Sally Adella STODDARD. Maxfield was living in Campbell twp. at time
of 1870 census. Had children Horace E., Polly, possibly more. Interested in any/all
- DARBY, FREELAND posted by Nathan Carpenter on Saturday, September 6, 1997
- Wallace DARBY (1832-1910) m. Elizabeth FREELAND ( -1869), buried in Clarksville
cemetery. Interested in any/all information on their descendents or Elizabeth's ancestors.
- ARNOLD, DEXTER posted by Jim Fraser on Tuesday, September 9, 1997
- Oliver ARNOLD was a blacksmith, and a member of "The Dexter Party". He was
born on 16 March 1793 at Smithfield, RI. He married ??? BARNES, daughter of Elder Silas
BARNES of Conn, circa 1812. He married Susan (-?-) before 1824. He married Fannie BOURDEN
after 1834. He was listed in the census of 1840 for Berlin Twsp., Ionia Co., MI. Oliver
ARNOLD died on 26 May 1859 at Ionia Co., MI, at age 66. He was buried at the family plot,
Ionia, Ionia Co., MI. I have extensive background on these Arnolds. I need lineage info on
his mother, Hannah DEXTER, born in December 1760 (or she was born in 1761) at Smithfield,
RI. She married Job ARNOLD, son of Job ARNOLD and Freelove ARNOLD, on 21 December 1780 at
Smithfield, RI. Hannah DEXTER died on 11 June 1839 at Ionia, Ionia Co., MI. She was a
relation of Samuel Dexter, founder of Ionia Co. Any information would be appreciated.
- CONNER, LEMON, MCCORD, SCOTT posted by Kelly M De Long-Jencks on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Hello. I am researching my family and I found that many of them once lived in Ionia Co.
Jared CONNER and his wife Caroline (MC CORD) CONNER moved from Orange Co, NY to Ionia Co
in 1832. Their one son, William J. CONNER lived in Easton twp. He married Temperence
LEMON. They had 9 sons. One of the younger sons was my great-grandfather. His name was
Ferry CONNER. He married Flora Millie SCOTT. She was born in Ionia. Where she died in
1958. Any information on the CONNER's or the SCOTT's would be appreciated.
- BISHOP, BOOKER, BREWER, HORTON, JENKINS, MADISON, REYNOLDS, TAYLOR, WHEELOCK posted by Becky on
Wednesday, September 17, 1997
- I am researching the families of Luther and Harriett (WHEELOCK )BISHOP who moved to
Keene Twsp. abt. 1842. Many members of their families lived in Keene and Easton Twsps. for
three or four generations. Children were William, Richard m. Jand JENKINS, Marcia W. m.
Hiram TAYLOR, Anna Mariah m, Grandville MADISON, Sylvia m. William BOOKER, Noah m. Elllen
MADISON, Devilo m. 1. Olivia BREWER, 2. Lydia HORTON, Eleanor m. Charles REYNOLDS, Mary m.
Milton TAYLOR, and Levi. Willing to share info
- BATSON, BORDEN, CONNER, KLINE, PIKE, RUSHTON, STEBBINS, TAYLOR posted by Becky on Wednesday, September 17, 1997
- I am researching the family of Benjamin and Phoebe (BATSON) PIKE who lived in Easton
Twsp. abt. 1850. Children who lived in Ionia Co. were Mary m. Thomas CONNER, Emeline m.
Chester STEBBINS, Thomas B. m. Alice, William m. Amanda BORDEN, Samuel m. 1.Sarah CONNER
2. Marieth RUSHTON, 3. Ellen (TAYLOR) KLINE. Also any information on the BATSON family who
moved from Brantford Ont. to Ionia Co. Willing to share info
- AMES posted by Olive Hoffman on
Thursday, September 18, 1997
- AMES , Thomas born about 1855 in Pennsylvania; a brother to Willis born 1850 in
Pennsylvania, possibly Bradford Co. According to the obituary of their Father, Thomas
Haven AMES who died in 1903 in Portland, Ionia, Michigan; Thomas (the son) was a stone
mason and had been working in or around Portland for many years. Would like to get more
information on the son Thomas and hear from any descendants if he has any in order to
trace the AMES line back to the immigrant ancestor.
- HABERSAAT, HURD, PRATT, SHOUP posted by Kay M. Diers on Monday, September 22, 1997
- I am interested in finding information about the Habersaat name in the Ionia Co. Fred,
1st wife - Ida with a baby, 2nd wife - Myrtle, Jacob and Mary V. (Pratt) Habersaat. Also
interested in James and Anna (Shoup) Hurd? They lived in Ionia Co. MI. 1900 census: Ionia
Co. Michigan, Odessa Twp. Lake Odessa village. Thank you. Kay Diers - Plymouth, MN
- EVANS, LARSEN, SMITH, VANDEUSEN, WRIGHT posted by Betty Brassington
on Thursday, September 25, 1997
- EVANS -- the WILLIAM EVANS family came to Ada Twp, Kent Co just before 1840. -- the JOHN
EVANS family came to Sebewa Twp, Kent Co but many of the descendants of both families went
into Ionia Co. The families I was specifically researching yesterday was of the VANDEUSEN
line. William Evans married LUCRETIA VANDEUSEN. One VanDeusen line was the AUSTIN and
CHARLOTTE WRIGHT family who both died near Belding and are buried in the Old Belding Cem.
Austin's mother was Lucretia's sister. Austin had a son JOHN B. WRIGHT; and a daughter,
ADALAIDE A. WRIGHT SMITH, (1867-1959) and buried at the Old Belding Cem. She married FRED
W. SMITH (1867-1951). Their children were WINIFRED SMITH LARSEN who lived in Ionia in 1951
when her father died. Also GUY SMITH who also lived then in Ionia. I feel sure there are
descendants of these families still living in Ionia County. I am wondering if you could
point me to where I can find interested family history fiends like me who may know about
- LOCKE, MORSE posted by Jerry Harrison on Tuesday, September 30, 1997
- Hi, does anyone know if N. Alfred (Alfred) LOCKE, b. 11/28/1868 of Otisco, Ionia, MI, d.
5/14/1922, buried in River Ridge Cemetery, Belding, MI, m. 10/21/1891 Ionia, Ona MORSE, b.
abt 1869, d. 8/13/1929, buried in River Ridge Cemtery, had any children? Was Alfred once
warden of the Michigan Reformatory in Ionia? Thanks (again) in advance.
- Surname Register and Query Index: A thru A, B thru B, C thru C,
D thru D, E thru E,
F thru F, G thru G,
H thru I, J thru J,
K thru K, L thru L,
M thru M, N thru N,
O thru O, P thru Q,
R thru R, S thru S,
T thru T, U thru V,
W thru Z
- Researcher Profiles: A thru A, B thru B,
C thru C, D thru D,
E thru E, F thru F,
G thru G, H thru I,
J thru J, K thru K,
L thru L, M thru M,
N thru N, O thru O,
P thru Q, R thru R,
S thru S, T thru U,
V thru V, W thru Z
- Queries for September thru November 1996
- Queries for December 1996 thru January 1997
- Queries for February thru March 1997
- Queries for April 1997
- Queries for May 1997
- Queries for June thru July 1997
- Queries for August thru September 1997
- Queries for October 1997
- Queries for November 1997
- Queries for December 1997
- Queries for January 1998
- Queries for February 1998
- Queries for March 1998
- Queries for April 1998
- Queries for May 1998
- Queries for June 1998
- Queries for July 1998
- Queries for August 1998
- Queries for September 1998
- Queries for October 1998
- Queries for November 1998
- Queries for December 1998
- Queries for January 1999
- Queries for February 1999
- Queries for March 1999
- Queries for April thru May 1999
- Queries for June 1999
December 06, 2012